|Title:||Assistant/Associate Professor - Master of Arts in Counseling Program|
|Department:||Master of Arts in Counseling Program|
|Position Available Date:||N/A|
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 20,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all graduate faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development and student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community. While primarily a teaching institution, UMHB recognizes and rewards research, publication, and other forms of scholarly attainment. Strong communication skills with a commitment to scholarly research and enhancing the quality of education are required. Candidates must be active, committed Christians..
Specific Responsibilities: This position includes teaching graduate courses in the Professional Counseling Program; advising and mentoring counseling students; providing clinical supervision to practicum and internship students; and participating in departmental and university committees. This position will teach three (3) graduate courses during each fall and spring semesters, and two (2) graduate courses during each summer June/July summer semester.
- A doctoral degree in Counseling from a CACREP accredited program in Counseling is required.
- A current and valid Texas LPC and/or LMFT license(s) is required. Current clinical licensure in another state with eligibility to achieve Texas LPC and/or LMFT licensure within one (1) year of hire may be substituted.
- Teaching experience is required. Graduate-level teaching experience is preferred.
- Clinical supervisory experience and/or supervisor status licensure is preferred. The attainment of supervisor status in the state of Texas within 60 months will be a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential. Must be an active, and committed Christian.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.