|Department:||Admissions and Recruiting|
|Position Available Date:||06/25/2020|
Performs student recruiting and admission activities as assigned. Maintains a high level of contact with prospective students and community resources. Travels extensively on a seasonal basis to facilitate recruiting events. Reviews prospective students’ records and makes recommendations to Admissions, Financial Aid and other departments. Maintains thorough and contemporary knowledge of UMHB admission, registration, housing and financial aid processes, student life (including the student handbook), UMHB traditions and culture, and a working knowledge of academic programs, degree plans, resources (i.e. academic counseling, tutoring, mentoring programs) and similar academic procedures. Provides counseling and advising services to prospective students through the entire process from initial contact until enrollment is completed.Minimum Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required (prefer business, education or related field). UMHB alumni status is strongly preferred.
- Employment experience in a related field is preferred.
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation graphics, etc.) is required.
- Must be available to travel (extensively on a seasonal basis).
- Must be available for a flexible work schedule, including assigned weekend and evening hours to facilitate recruiting events and activities.
- Must be proficient in general office equipment operation.
- Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Texas driver’s license and be insurable by UMHB auto insurance carrier.
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.To Apply:
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please attach a resume and a cover letter of interest with your online application.
Online applications as well as supporting documentation may also be submitted/completed in person at:
UMHB Human Resources Division
UMHB Box 8020
900 College Street
Belton, TX 76513
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please contact HR directly at Ext. 4527 to ascertain which documents are required to apply for this position. Please contact the Human Resources Division directly, rather than the hiring department/supervisor, to assure equal opportunity of our process.