|Title:||Assistant Director, University Writing Center|
|Position Available Date:||04/02/2018|
Provides scheduling, training, supervision, mentoring, and evaluation of Writing Center tutors; assessment; outreach to faculty; development of resources; assistance with coordination and delivery of writing center activities to meet the needs of the WAC/WID program; implementation and maintenance of writing center webpage; and remaining current with and implementing best practices.
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Composition, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a higher education Writing center is required.
- Previous administrative experience in a Writing Center is preferred.
- Previous experience with CRLA Certification process is preferred.
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation graphics, etc.) is required.
- Proficiency in general office equipment operation is required.
- Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter of interest with your online application.
Application packets may also be submitted/completed by mail or in person:
UMHB Human Resources Division
UMHB Box 8020
900 College Street
Belton, TX 76513
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please contact HR directly at Ext. 4527 to ascertain which documents are required to apply for this position. Please contact the Human Resources Division directly, rather than the hiring department/supervisor, to assure equal opportunity of our process.