|Title:||Head of Reference Librarian|
|Position Available Date:||01/03/2018|
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of over 20,000 in the heart of central Texas. Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include instruction and service to the department and university.
Specific Responsibilities: Coordinates all service activities of the Reference Department; participates in bibliographic instruction; develops research guides in assigned disciplines; serves as faculty liaison to assigned departments; participates in collection development; manages the annual library sabbatical.
- A Master's degree in library science from an ALA-accredited university is required.
- A minimum of 3 years reference experience in an academic library is required.
- Must possess an appreciation for and ability to deal positively and sensitively with a variety of patrons.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active and committed Christian.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
►Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.