|Title:||Instructor or Assistant / Associate Professor - Mathematics|
|Department:||College of Humanities and Sciences|
|Position Available Date:||08/06/2018|
The Mathematics Department offers two undergraduate degree programs. One degree is a Bachelor of Science and the other is a Bachelor of Arts. A minor in Mathematics is also offered. Courses are designed to meet the needs of students in pursuit of a liberal arts degree, students in a teacher-training program, and students preparing for graduate study or a career in Mathematics or related field. Additionally, the College of Humanities and Sciences collaborates with the College of Education to provide mathematics content training for elementary and middle level education.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of over 20,000 in the heart of central Texas. Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching and service to department, college, and university.
Specific Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate courses in introductory non-major’s mathematics, and introductory major’s mathematics.
- The Instructor position is a non-tenure track position with minimal student advising and committee work. Teaching load is typically 15 hours.
- The Assistant/Associate Professor position is a tenure-track position with the usual faculty responsibilities in service and scholarship, including student advising and committee assignments. Teaching load is typically 12 hours per semester undergraduate courses with three course preparations, and may include advanced courses.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active, and committed Christian.
- For the Instructor position:
- A Masters in Mathematics with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Mathematics is required. Experience teaching Mathematics Education courses is preferred.
- For the Assistant/Associate Professor position:
- A Doctorate in Mathematics is required; ABD will be considered (tenure-track status requires terminal degree in hand).
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
►Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.