|Title:||Assistant/Associate Professor - Master of Science in Occupational Therapy Program|
|Department:||Master of Science in Occupational Therapy Program|
|Position Available Date:||N/A|
The UMHB MSOT Program is currently in Candidacy Status and will be eligible for Accreditation in the spring of 2022. This faculty member will be responsible for advising and teaching graduate students throughout the curriculum, to include mentorship of Integrative Projects. Additionally, this position will be responsible for working with the Program Director and the faculty team to ensure compliance with all curricular content-related ACOTE standards in preparation for future accreditation.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 20,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community.
Specific Responsibilities: This position includes ongoing curricular and course development; teaching graduate courses in occupational therapy; advising and mentoring occupational therapy students; and participating in departmental and university committees.
o Occupational Therapist with an entry-level practice degree and initial certification.
o Minimum of master’s degree in OT or related field is required, with the understanding that the employment contract will stipulate a requirement to obtain doctoral degree in OT or a related field within
five (5) years of hire.
o Doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy or related field is preferred.
2. Licensure: A current and unencumbered Texas OT license is required. Current OT licensure in another state with eligibility to achieve Texas OT licensure within one (1) year of hire may be substituted.
3. Professional Experience: Minimum of three (3) years clinical employment experience required, five (5) years preferred. Expertise in pediatrics, older adults, or research is highly desirable.
4. Teaching Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of teaching and/or experience as a fieldwork/clinical educator required.
5. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
6. Must be an active, and committed Christian.
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.