|Title:||Director, Student Disability Services & Deputy Title IX Coordinator|
|Position Available Date:||07/19/2019|
Directs the university’s Student Disability Services Office to assure effective service delivery and Section 504 legal compliance. Reviews disability accommodation requests, engages in interactive process with student, generates related decisions, documents and notification forms. Maintains accurate files and records. Maintains follow up contact with students and facilitates problem-solving processes if accommodations require adjustment. Works with Academic Affairs liaison as needed for academic accommodations. Serves as Deputy Title IX Coordinator. Using effective and legally compliant processes, investigates assigned reports/complaints, conducts interviews, gathers supporting evidence/data, and prepares related files and reports for Title IX Coordinator review. Plans, facilitates and/or presents prevention and awareness education programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required. Relevant fields may include student development, human resources, social work, or education, but other degrees will be considered.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in coordinating disability accommodations is required. Prefer higher education experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Title IX or Title VII case management and investigation is required. Closely related experience may be considered.
- Competency in records management systems is required. Experience with Pharos records management system is preferred.
- Proficient speaking and presentation skills are required.
- Proven success in managing multiple projects is required.
- Experience in budget and resource management is required.
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation graphics, etc.) is required.
- Must be proficient in general office equipment operation.
- Must possess exceptional time management and detail-oriented skills.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please attach a resume and a cover letter of interest with your online application.
Online applications as well as supporting documentation may also be submitted/completed in person at:
UMHB Human Resources Division
UMHB Box 8020
900 College Street
Belton, TX 76513
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please contact HR directly at Ext. 4527 to ascertain which documents are required to apply for this position. Please contact the Human Resources Division directly, rather than the hiring department/supervisor, to assure equal opportunity of our process.