|Title:||Editor and Senior Writer|
|Department:||Communications and Special Projects|
|Position Available Date:||02/17/2017|
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field is required.
- A minimum of 3 years full time employment experience in (a) non-fiction writing/reporting for a professional publication, (b) editing/publishing or (c) a closely related field is required.
- Mastery of grammar & punctuation is required.
- Strong non-fiction writing skill is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and related software.
- Experience in publication layout and design is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) is strongly preferred.
- Experience using web editing programs such as WordPress is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in digital SLR photography is strongly preferred.
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter of interest with your online application. Relevant non-fiction writing samples must be submitted with application. We are unable to guarantee return of these items, so please submit a copy rather than an original.
Application packets may also be submitted/completed by mail or in person:
UMHB Human Resources Division
UMHB Box 8020
900 College Street
Belton, TX 76513
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please contact HR directly at Ext. 4527 to ascertain which documents are required to apply for this position. Please contact the Human Resources Division directly, rather than the hiring department/supervisor, to assure equal opportunity of our process.