|Title:||Police Officer (Part-Time PRN)|
|Position Available Date:||09/20/2017|
As a certified law enforcement officer, performs crime prevention, loss prevention, traffic management, and related duties. Performs inspections of assigned campus facilities. Responds to and investigates incidents as assigned. Maintains proficiency in law enforcement vehicles, equipment and weapons. Generates reports and documentation. Provides security for special events as assigned. Work schedule includes varied hours and shifts (day, evening, night and weekend schedules may apply at the onset of employment and may be changed during the course of employment).
1. A high school diploma or GED equivalency is required.
2. Current and valid Basic Peace Officer certification from TCLEOSE is required.
3. A minimum of one (1) year full time employment experience in law enforcement is required. (TCLEOSE Certification and a combination of law enforcement and related experience may be substituted.)
4. Must be proficient in grammar, spelling and report-writing.
5. Proficiency in law enforcement equipment, vehicle and weapons is required.
6. Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills.
7. Must be at least 21 years of age.
8. Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license and be insurable by UMHB auto insurance carrier.
9. Part-time Officers must commit to be available for a minimum of 200 hours per calendar year if assigned (there is no guaranteed minimum).
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter of interest with your online application.
Application packets may also be submitted/completed by mail or in person:
UMHB Human Resources Division
UMHB Box 8020
900 College Street
Belton, TX 76513
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please contact HR directly at Ext. 4527 to ascertain which documents are required to apply for this position. Please contact the Human Resources Division directly, rather than the hiring department/supervisor, to assure equal opportunity of our process.