|Title:||Assistant / Associate Professor - Social Work|
|Department:||College of Humanities and Sciences|
|Position Available Date:||08/06/2018|
The Bachelor of Social Work program at the University of Mary Hardin Baylor is a CSWE accredited program. The Social Work, Sociology, and Criminal Justice Department offers undergraduate degree programs in Social Work, Sociology, and Criminal Justice.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of over 20,000 n the heart of central Texas. Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching and service to department, college, and university.
Specific Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate courses in SocialWork and related courses. The teaching load is typically 12 hours per semester of undergraduate courses with three course preparations.
- A doctoral degree in Social Work is required; ABD will be considered (tenure-track status requires terminal degree in hand).
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active, and committed Christian.
- Additional requirements include:
- Master of Social Work from a CSWE accredited Social Work Program
- At least two years post-MSW direct practice experience
- Current Texas licensure as a LMSW or LCSW or current licensure in another state with eligibility and achievement of Texas license as a social worker within one year.
- Ability to teach across the BSW curriculum, including a practice course, Introduction to Social Work, Case Management, and Policy.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
►Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.